While we are stuck at home, it may seem like there isn’t much to do. But, one really fun activity you can definitely try is cooking! There are a lot of delicious things you can make with the simple ingredients you have at home. Some dishes I have made so far in quarantine are homemade ricotta gnocchi, a chocolate chip pizookie, and sesame noodles. I also came up with some cool, healthy snack ideas. Some sweet snacks are frozen blueberries with agave nectar on top or a fresh açaí bowl. I’ve attached my recipes for the gnocchi and açaí bowl below. I hope you enjoy, and happy cooking!
All you need is…
1 and 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese
3 egg yolks
1 cup of flour (add more as you go depending on the desired texture)
3/4 cup of grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. To start simply take a bowl and add the ricotta cheese and the eggs and mix them together.
2. Then add the flour, salt, and pepper and mix again.
3. Roll out the dough and add more flour if needed
4. Shape the dough and cut the pasta
5. Boil a pot of water and add the gnocchi
6. Once they float, take them out and grab some pasta sauce of your choice and you’re done!
All you need is…
Açaí packets (I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
A frozen banana
1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
1/4 cup of any kind of milk you want
Honey/agave nectar, granola and fresh fruit as toppings (any amount works!)
(Optional: add a bit of yogurt for a thicker consistency)
1. Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
2. Top it off with some granola and fruit of your choice, and last but not least, try drizzling some agave nectar or honey at the end for some extra sweetness.